“Dams and Climate Change” Workshop
ICOLD Technical Committee on Climate Change, Moroccan Committee on Large Dams and The Moroccan Government have jointly organized a “Dams and climate change” Workshop on July 11 2016 in Rabat.
This workshop was included in an international conference devoted to Water and Climate as one of the many preparatory meetings organized by Morocco before COP22.
Opening addresses were delivered by Mrs Charafat Afailal (Morocco), Delegated Minister for Water, Government of Morocco, ICOLD Secretary General Michel De Vivo and Mr. Jamal Mahfoud, President of the Moroccan Committee on Large Dams.
You can download below the presentations made during the workshop:
- Dr. Denis Aelbrecht (France), Electricité de France - Centre d'Ingénierie Hydraulique (EDF-CIH), and Chairman of ICOLD Technical Committee on “Climate Change, Dams and Reservoirs”
- Dr. Mxolisi Shongwe (Switzerland), IPCC Secretariat, World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Dr. George Annandale (USA), international consultant, Member of ICOLD Technical Committee on “Climate Change, Dams and Reservoirs”
- Dr. Amal Talbi-Jordan (USA), World Bank
- Mr. Adama Nombre (Burkina-Faso), Committee of Large Dams of Burkina-Faso, Honorary President of ICOLD
- Mr. Khalid El Ghomari (Morocco), Secretary General of Moroccan Committee on Large Dams
The workshop conclusions were presented during the COP22 by Michel De Vivo.
Tags : News